11.19.2009

Another fabric book

My schedule has been so hectic, that my sewing machine and I are becoming strangers again. But I've been trying to steal a few moments here and there to relieve stress.


I started on another fabric quiet book. I wish I had thought to take pictures along the way so that I could make a tutorial. Maybe next time. I used a fat quarter to create the pages. I fold it like it's paper to that I don't have to do a lot of cutting and hoping that I get pages the right size.


During Scrap Buster Month Sew,Mama,Sew posted some tutorials that I wanted to try, so this was my excuse. I made the butterfly by following these instructions. The idea for the flowers came from here. And I found the pinwheel instructions here. I wanted my pinwheel to move, so I followed instructions from this book.

Obviously, the edges still need to be finished off, but I'll do that after I've completed all of the pages. There are two more page spreads, so maybe I can finish one about every other week or so. I'll keep you posted.
Related Stories Widget by LinkWithin

No comments: