11.10.2009

Freezer Cooking

I was inspired by Money Saving Mom's days of freezer cooking, so I checked out this book from the library. I intend to buy it, but I went ahead and tried some recipes to see how it worked.

One great feature of this book is that some recipes involve cooking everything and then freezing and others, perhaps the majority?, are about putting the ingredients together and freezing. I chose six of the second type to try today.

While the book doesn't encourage marathon sessions, I had meat that I wanted to do something with before freezing. Following the recipe as written means getting three packages of the same item. Due to the size of my family, I would get two packages of the same thing. I chose to half the recipes that I used so that I could try more.

The result is that I ended up with six different entrees in an hour and a half. I think that's pretty awesome. All I will have to do is take an entree out of the freezer the night before and throw it in the oven when I get home (or put it in the crock post as I leave in the morning). By the time I check homework and make sides, dinner should practically be done.

I think I could get used to this.
Related Stories Widget by LinkWithin

No comments: