6.19.2009

Bloggiesta completion list

Here is my initial to do list along with what I actually accomplished.
  • Write some book reviews. There are some kids fiction books with quilting as a theme that my kids and I have enjoyed. I didn't get around to getting this done. I did set up some template posts that are ready for me to fill in with the reviews.

  • Write backup posts for a rainy day. I only got one of these done.

  • Write that great post idea from three months back. It was great to me. We'll see what you think.

  • Create template posts for your future reads (ie: title, images, linking, tags, etc,) so you can open up, write review and post without being bogged down with technicalities. I did some of these for future book reviews and for a landing page.

  • Learn what a favicon is and maybe add one. I learned about this from Trish. Turns out I had looked at this a while back, but I didn't remember what it was called. This ate about 45 minutes of my time since the most talked about hosting site was down for maintenance when I tried to do mine. I went in search of other sites,but never found what I liked.

  • Install those plugins that you’ve been meaning to do. I decided that I want a related posts widget on my block. I spent about 45 minutes researching and trying out code, but couldn't get any of them to work.
  • Create landing pages (for example - an about me for Twitter readers page) or any other pages you might have. I've made a template for a landing page for the distant day when I get a big hit from a referring page. I spent way too much time on it for the simple results that I settled on. But I got great information from these two posts at Problogger.

  • Go get a gravatar. I have to learn what this is, too This took me about 20 minutes. I'm not yet sure where I will use it since blogger already using this image for me. Learned this from Trish, too.

  • Work on any specialized projects that you may have going. Think I'm going to turn this into a series post. I know what series of posts I plan to do, but I didn't to work on them.

  • I also used website grader to run a report on possible changes to improve my search engine results. Thanks to Bookish Ruth for teaching me this.
  • I also want to add myself to a directory. Got this idea from Infant Bibliophile.

In all, I think that I spent a good 10 hours on this. And in true challenge fashion, I did a lot of it through the night while my family slept.
Related Stories Widget by LinkWithin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats my best "blog time" as well... when the house is quiet. i was up to 2 a.m. on Friday night with the challenege.... and back at it at 7 am... but I had so much fun with it!

Erika said...

Bookjourney, I surprised myself by staying up so late. I didn't get to start until about 9:30 on Friday, so I was shocked when I realized that it was almost 3 am. And, as tired as I was after a long day on Saturday, I was at it again until the wee hours of Sunday morning. It was worth it, though.

Nicola O. said...

Sounds like you got a lot done - nice job!

Maw Books said...

I'm SO late in leaving comments on the wrap up posts but wanted to say great job and thank you so much for playing! And you're gravatar works on all the WordPress blogs which doesn't pull a Blogger avatar.