6.07.2009

Review: 26 Lively letters

26 Lively Letters: Making and ABC Quiet Book (1977)
by Barbara Williams and Carol Grundmann , 96 pages

Summary: This book gives detailed explanation for creating a fabric book using felt applique with buttons, snaps, and other attachments. It has various activities. If directions are followed, the crafter will create a 28-page ABC quiet book.

Review: This was the first book I purchased for making quiet books.  I appreciate the variety of activities and that the author gives suggestions for variation. For example, instructions are given for applique, but the author suggests using fabric paint if the creator is in a hurry. 

Recommendation: This book is out of print and apparently hard to find online. (I got mine on ebay years ago.) If you can find it through the library, I would recommend it. I get excited every time I look through it. I'm not likely to make an alphabet book, but I will definitely be making several of the pages in different books. 
Related Stories Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

Liyana said...

Cute, I love this type of DIY books! Keep up the good work!

Erika said...

I tend to gravitate towards books that teach me to do things. Unfortunately, it's hard to find the time to give all these projects a try.